Our Friends in the Neighbourhood
Capital School is located on the edge of the city centre in an area called Riverside. There are lots of local businesses that we often use in the area, run by people that we like! Here are a few of them and what they mean to us. Please be advised that although these are lovely places, we can’t be held accountable if their details change.
- Posh Nosh – our local buffet and sandwich shop. Friendly, inexpensive and they make delicious sandwiches and excellent jacket potatoes!
- The Gatekeeper pub – a city centre bar. They host an international get-together every Monday evenings.
- Nata & Co. – a Portuguese café owned by one of our ex-students! Excellent coffee, their Pastel de Nata are fantastic and they often play host to Wednesday afternoon’s coffee conversation.
- The Pontcanna Inn – a typical British pub and hotel, they do wonderful snacks, early breakfasts and are a popular destination for Wednesday afternoon’s Coffee Conversation
- Falafel Wales – simply fantastic Lebanese food just down the road.
- Elgano’s Italian hotel and restaurant – a friendly restaurant and hotel, with excellent food, commonly used for staff meals out.
- Chapter Arts – a café, restaurant, cinema, art gallery and so much more. We heartily recommend a visit.
- The Italian Way – another friendly, local Italian restaurant about 5 minutes’ walk from the school. Perfect for a cosy night out!
How to Get Here
Capital School is in the city centre of Cardiff, only 2 hours by train from London. Cardiff has excellent international transport links, served by Cardiff Airport, and is an hour from Bristol Airport. The M4 runs from London, through Bristol to Cardiff, making it an easy journey by car or bus.
Heathrow to Cardiff by train and bus
Trains from Heathrow to Cardiff are available and involve getting a train to either London Paddingtion (then to Cardiff), or Reading (then to Cardiff). The average journey time for this is around 2 hours and 35 minutes.
Heathrow to Cardiff by bus
There is a bus available from Heathow Central Bus Station that goes to Cardiff. This is a National Express bus and the average journey time for this is around 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Gatwick Airport to Cardiff by train
Trains from Gatwick to Cardiff are available and involve multiple stops. There is a regular train from Gatwick Airport to Victoria Station, and you must change at Paddington Station to get the Great Western Railway Train towards Swansea.
Gatwick Airport to Cardiff by bus
There is a national express bus that travels from Gatwick Airport to Cardiff up to 22 times a day. The journey takes an average of 4 hours and 45 minutes.
Bristol Airport to Cardiff by train
There is a train that runs from Bristol Airport to Bristol Temple Meads, from which you can get a train to Cardiff Central. The journey takes an average of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Bristol Airport to Cardiff by bus
There is a National Express bus service that runs from Bristol Airport to Cardiff that runs up to 10 times a day, and is often cheaper than travelling by train. The journey takes an average of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Cardiff Airport to Cardiff City Centre by train
Trains run from Rhoose (Cardiff International Airport) railway station to Cardiff Central station every hour from Monday to Saturday, and every two hours on Sundays. There is a shuttle bus service (905) from the Cardiff Airport to Rhoose railway station. The journey takes approximately 10 minutes and costs £1 per person.
Cardiff Airport to Cardiff City Centre by bus
The T9 service is a direct link to Cardiff Bay and Cardiff City Centre. The bus stop is located directly outside the terminal. Services are available up to every 30 minutes, with free travel on weekends.