We know how important it is for parents to feel assured that their children are well looked after and we have special provision for under 18s. Our Welfare Director, Sally Pennington, is also our Designated Safeguarding Officer.
To ensure that under 18s are protected, there are a number of added provisions:
- Parents must sign a consent form before enrolment, detailing their child’s needs and requirements
- In addition to the usual checks that our homestays undergo, all homestays for under 18s are specially chosen and are DBS checked
- All drivers, including coach drivers, are DBS checked
Our aim at Capital School of English is to make sure that our students are safe, secure and happy at all times and thoroughly enjoy their time with us here in Cardiff.
Our Safeguarding policy is available by clicking here.
16 and 17 year olds on adult courses
Capital School of English accepts students who are 16 and 17 years old onto our adult courses, throughout the year. Capital School of English has a duty of care with the safety of all students. Parental Consent Documents are required for all students under the age of 18.
For 16 and 17 year olds on adult courses
- Capital School of English does not provide 24 hour supervision. Students are supervised in class, and on activities organised by Capital School of English.
- Students are not supervised when travelling from the accommodation to the school.
- Students are not supervised at break times and lunch times.
- Attendance is checked at the beginning of all morning classes. Students will be contacted if not in class. All students are required to contact Capital School of English if they are absent from class.
- Are asked to sign an agreement, stating that they will be at the accommodation by 9:00pm, unless special permission is agreed by the school.